So there’s this thing going around Facebook where you post 5 photos of yourself where you feel beautiful and tag 5 people to do the same. I think it’s really sweet and positive and that it would be a good thing to do here. It took me a long time to get here but I finally believe people when they tell me I’m beautiful. (I’m doing this on my phone so I hope the photos stay in the same order.)
1. I was snap chatting the boy I like (teeheehee 😊) and I took that picture because he sent me something really cute and dorky and I was going to respond with that and say something back about how cute he was but I kept it, instead, for myself because I looked at it and I was like, “I feel beautiful today.”
2. Those two on either side of me where two of my first friends when I moved to Chicago. This picture was taken after the Billy Joel concert last week. They went together and I went with my roomie and we met up after and it was just an amazing night and I was so happy. Happiness is beauty.
3. That lovely lady on my right is my bestie. This photo was taken when I was home in Florida a few months ago. It was a great weekend with my family and it was a beautiful day in my home town.
4. This picture was almost 2 years ago here in Chicago. It was a rare night off from the coffee shop for me and I spent it with some of the best people I know. I’ve really acquired quite the amazing friend family here and they make me so happy. This pretty lady is one of my roomies and also my “cousin.”
5. That was the first time I held my nephew. He was one month old and had stolen my heart from the picture I ever received of him. He’s almost 2 now and call me “Ka.” 😊
learningacceptanceme Bethany!! You are beautiful, through and through. This post makes me so happy. You make me so happy. You know what you are and please, please don’t take those ludicrous, ignorant remarks to heart because you know they’re not true. Love you lots, girlie!! ❤️❤️
So I’ve been trying really hard to be body positive recently, and I never felt the effects until this evening.
I have had social anxieties for about two and a half years now, ever since some friends told me that I was a crap person and a whole load of other things that I don’t want to go into right now. I was also bullied for over ten years, throughout school.
So this evening, despite being the biggest I’ve been before, I felt gorgeous. I felt hot. I felt damn sexy.
It was my parents 25th wedding anniversary, I had to do a “this is your life” type thing because it was 80s theme and I was literally crapping myself.
I had one glass of wine, and when I went up I was served by someone I got bullied by at school… Idek where I’m going with this.
I had one glass of wine this evening, I faced the bully with a smile on my face and a GENUINE happiness in my heart.
I was dancing, smiling, excited.
I truly believe that this has been due to the belief that it’s ok to look the way i do. That I’m a woman and I’m amazing - I don’t need a guys approval to look good.
The body positive movement is amazing. I am so happy this evening.
And I looked BLOODY gorgeous!!
You’re so ugly. Please stop posting pictures of yourself on Tumblr.
Do you feel clever now? Insulting someone you don’t even know?
I will post pictures for as long as I want to because I’m allowed to and because I looked great last night!
You look really cute! ☺️
Thank you lovely :) xx
That twat has issues!
I got shit to do
Applying for jobs is starting to feel a lot like
SQUEEEEE! :) Thank you! You’re so sweet! Sorry this has taken me so long to respond to, I know it’s been sitting in here for a while. Hopefully I can find some time to work on it today or Sunday. I technically only have about three more scenes to write but sometimes it takes on a mind of its own. ;)
Thanks for being so awesome! Hope you’re having a day that’s just as marvelous as you! :D xx
Some things that should be acceptable by now:
- Girls having sleepovers with boys.
- Female nipples showing.
- Marriage equality and equality in general.
- Doing what you want with your body.
- Wearing what you want,
- Kinder eggs in America.
For a second I thought you meant eggs should be nicer to people
well they should anyway
I’m confused, you don’t have kinder eggs in America?
*eyes shift awkwardly* What’s a kinder egg?